I've just finished longboarding around Dubuque tonight with a close friend of mine here in town. I've come to find I truly enjoy conversations under the stars; the expanse of the Milky Way is one of those comforting gifts from the natural world, which is exactly the type of pleasure I have the intentions of focusing on in this life I hope to build with the help of and collaboration with Chris and Shruti. Longboarding itself is another true enjoyment of mine- and one hobby I find to be much more simple and sustainable than those which a typical, "successful" life nowadays consists of...
Looking around at who I'm surrounded by in this society (my family, community, and peers, etc.), I've been noticing more and more consumption and wastefulness in their daily, monthly, yearly, and lifelong activity. I'd like to place an importance on sustainability, be it in environmental, monetary, or spiritual matters. I'd like to consider quality over quantity; strive to be a part of a sort of system in which my choices aren't mainly decided by unfulfilling social expectations nor harmful traditions.
I'll elaborate with more thorough/clear explanations as the next couple of weeks unfold, I just wanted to get a post out there to keep the ball rolling!
No comments:
Post a Comment